Skip to content
Do I Need This As a Pastor?
“Warning Signs: Potential Downfall for Christian Leaders”
- Reading the table of contents of a book looking for only those chapters that are “applicable”
- Skipping over Scripture passages while reading a book
- Discounting potential resources because of “author bias”
- Assuming your devotions are taken care of in your ministry prep (sermons, Sunday school lessons, etc.)
- “Workship”; spending inordinate amounts of time “on the job”
- When outside fellowship events and functions begin to feel like an obligation
- A loss of joy in working with people
- Using negative phrases such as “I have to…”
- When you feel the church is not meeting your expectations (financially, emotionally, etc.)
- Decline in prayer and devotion with your spouse
Questions to consider:
- Do you speak because the Holy Spirit has a message or do you talk up your agenda to change people?
- When does your frustration level exceed your capacity to function effectively?
- If you were to see Jesus now, what would you have to hide, prove, defend or explain?